Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What's to Eat?

Our choices were the top left and bottom right meals
Now that the invitation are out, we are free to give menu details!! I know you have all been waiting with baited breath to know the outcome of the tasting, and now you do! Alas, we couldn't fit the entire description of each meal on the RSVP card, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to both finish the tasting story AND explain the meals in more detail.

As you may remember, we had to narrow four meals down to two. It was hard, but we had to go with our hearts (and tastebuds!!). While I won't be revealing the appetizer and dessert, I am going to disclose the main meals to maybe make your decisions easier (or harder, as the case may be!!). Ultimately, we have 4 meals to choose from: the two we picked during the tasting, a vegetarian which we did not try or have a choice in, and a children's, which we also did not try or have a choice in.
  • Duet of Sirloin with a Green Peppercorn Demi Glaze and Corander Crusted Marinated Chicken with Garlic Ykon Gold mashed potatoes and baby carrots. This dish was so delicious and met our desire to have a chicken option--the chicken-only choice wasn't very good--and we figured people who don't like red meat could just not eat it or swap out with someone who does.
  • Mixed Grille of Sirloin and Jonah Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp with Basil Mashed Potatoes & a Seared Tomato. Holy crap was this amazing!! Without question, this was our seafood offering, it was just too delicious to not offer! The neon-green potatoes alone make it worth serving!
  • Butternut Squash Ravioli with Vanilla Sage Chestnut Sauce and Shaved Grana Padano Cheese. Vegetarian option they gave us.
  • Chicken Fingers with French Fries.  Kid's option
Ellie and I have an unofficial bet to see which of the steak dishes is ordered most, but I don't want to sway anyone's decision, so we'll not talk about that just yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment