Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Have You Missed Us?

Of course you have!! Then why the HECK aren't you commenting?? I know for a fact that 16 of you have looked at this website today alone, and I haven't even posted yet! If you are reading this, then I assume you know either Ellie or I at least semi-decently and know that we are both attention whores (in different ways, but it's there) and we need you to express your love and adoration and awe for our wedding and planning.

Okay, that's a little much, isn't it?

Not much has actually been happening though. 2 weekends ago we scored our toasting glasses and cake topper, and there was much rejoicing at that. Don't tell Ellie, but I realized too late that the glasses we picked weren't QUITE the ones I'd planned on, but that's okay because they are awesome enough that I didnt' realize they were a little different. And, as we've been looking for the little things like favors/cake topper/etc, we've apparently hit upon a light theme, but I'm having trouble putting it into words. Suffice it to say that it's going to be fun and sweet and totally us without being ridiculous. We DID go visit the Double Tree to see what it looked like when not under 3 feet of snow and in the fall when the wedding will be held. It's very nice, and we're already planning the hows/wheres of the ceremony.

I go on Saturday to have my first dress fitting, and am nervous: is it too soon, will she be able to make the changes I want, just how much is this going to COST?? I'm also trying to decide on a good alternative to flowers for the Ladies of Honor to carry, and we have to work on planning the ceremony itself. I feel bad thinking about it all because it's still so far away, but I know that I like having things done ahead and feel better when I put check marks in the little boxes, so I want to get them done when I can.

Anyway, that't the state of the wedding. I wonder if Ellie is going to post anytime soon?

2 comments:

  1. If you want flowers, but not bouquets, I wore a corsage on my wrist as well as my attendents. As to other items to carry, is there something special you two like? You can carry anything a poem, something that is special aka beads, flask, etc or a represenative of something special. Maybe something that is related to your theme? Just ideas. Love reading about what is happeneing with the wedding planning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Kat had the girls in her wedding carry small wreaths. The wreaths hung from a pretty piece of ribbon that was long enough to loop over their arms, which I thought was fantastic since it left their hands free (or you can opt to torture people in your wedding party by making them carry the heaviest bouquets ever, like I did to Ellie).
    ~ Leeann

    ReplyDelete