| Image from eBay |
Considering this, our Save the Dates, and the color inspiration it turns out that we're going to have a slightly royal-themed wedding, but not overly so--we just can't help but have castles involved considering where we got engaged and our love of Medieval/Renaissance faires and events. I'm going to keep it reigned in though because too often these things become a "themed wedding" (as opposed to a wedding with a theme) and no one really wants that.
Anyway, about the cross-stitch. This is not exactly what it's going to look like when I'm done; the J's and numbers on the left and right borders will be replaced with our wedding date. Instead of it being a sampler, I'm going to put our names and some overly-sentimental quote, probably from whatever song we pick to be our first dance, in the open space.
I just got the pattern in the mail, and this is probably going to be the most ambitious project I've ever taken on. I've only tried one that might be close, but I never finished it, and never will. I almost want to start taking an over-under for completing it before the wedding (which is 366 days away--stupid leap year!). Tonight or tomorrow I will buy the fabric (Ellie already got most of the thread, yay!!). Maybe I'll try to post monthly updates as a means of self-motivation and accountability.
No comments:
Post a Comment