These warming words were uttered to my sister from her daughter, again reenforcing that children "get it" and are taught hate and judgment. These words were needed as I look at the upcoming weekend and some obstacles that are going on that are out of our control.
Obstacle 1. It might rain. High chance of some kind of rain off and on through the day. I will do my best to make sure this wedding takes place outdoors.
Obstacle 2. It might be in the low 60 upper 50's. Honestly the ceremony is only about 20 minutes I think we can get through this, and maybe we just have to be a little closer to other people in the crowd.
Obstacle 3. All of our nick nacks do not work perfectly. Oh well, they are just things and that's not why we are getting married.
Obstacle 4. The whole road is under construction. We were told about this in June, but was promised it would be done... new estimate end of October... grr. However, there is a detour that is pretty clearly marked but leave a little extra time if you can.
Obstacle 5. CONSTRUCTION EVERYWHERE!!! There is construction on many of the major roads this weekend although most of it is between 10pm and 10am.... traffic in the boston area is some of the WORSE! If you are traveling that day to the hotel aim to be there earlier than 4:30pm.
INFORMATION THAT MIGHT BE HELPFUL
People not from the area you are 1.5-2.5 miles from a major shopping mall there are numerous places to eat/shop/entertainment from there. The hotel is in more of an industrial park area but you are that close to civilization don't feel isolated.
On Sunday, the brides will be going out to Brunch about 5 miles from the hotel. It is very casual, anyone is welcome to attend if people want to see us before we head away and Yelp said the place was pretty good. Who knows we have never been there, we are taking a huge chance.
We are both very excited about the wedding. As I mentioned on Facebook, this is like Christmas to me and I am excited to see how it unfolds. 99 percent of the night we planned, ordered, glued, painted, constructed or designed. I hope you all have a moment where it is clear how much love Jessi and I share. And you see the love we have for all of the people we invited to this event and most importantly have fun, laugh, talk, mingle, dance badly, cry (except you Ernesto ;-) ), have an extra drink, an extra piece of cake and enjoy the beautiful people we have in our life.
the obstacles are minor...what matters is that we're gonna see two awesome people celebrate a day of love and get to partake in it...nuttin else need matter :)
ReplyDeleteTiny obstacles! It is so abundantly clear how much love you and Jessi share and I am so grateful you have chosen to include Jon and me in your special day! And, how amazing is it that we live in a state that recognizes all forms of love and allows us all to be equal?! Wishing you nothing but the best! Can't wait for Saturday! :o) By the way, my dancing shoes are sooo ready!
ReplyDeleteKeeping fingers crossed so you can have wedding outdoors! I am sure everything will work out just fine for the both of you!
ReplyDelete