Yesterday, we had the chance to meet with Erica Ewing from Erica Ewing Photography. I met her at the Wedding Expo Jeremy & I attended back in April (this is his review, I know that I should have done one, but I got lazy and now it's too late). He went to ensure this was an expo that he really was interested in participating in. I went to start collecting data on photographers because I know we're getting to a point where I need to book--photographers kept saying that they were already booking September 2012 dates.
Honestly, I only liked one of the photographers we met there--Erica (duh, otherwise, why would I be putting that into this post about visiting her). Some of them were dismissed by Jeremy, my photo expert, as being "TOO" (costly, amateur, formal, informal, fake, etc). Some were incredibly pushy, which I dislike heartily--if you want me to even give you a second thought, don't step into my way as I'm wandering, don't criticize the other photographers (I'm not saying don't tell me what you do that they don't, or detail out how you work, but saying that you're better, or have a better product is egotistical to me).
Anyway, back to Erica. She's probably about our age, which I feel gives her an idea of what photography in 2012 looks like. I (and Jeremy) LOVED that she remembered his blog post about the last Expo we attended, which shows GREAT attention to detail. She sent a follow-up email right away and when I replied, we had a little conversation about Castle in the Clouds--a place she loves--because she'd read the site. When we showed up yesterday, we talked about how this site had given her a lot of feeling for who we are as people and a couple. I like that she took the time to review the site before meeting with us--it shows she cares, but not in a creepy way like a certain someone at a certain potential venue.
As happy as I've been that we've been meeting with super nice, it sucks because I just want to say yes to everyone. I'm no good at shopping around.
Honestly, I only liked one of the photographers we met there--Erica (duh, otherwise, why would I be putting that into this post about visiting her). Some of them were dismissed by Jeremy, my photo expert, as being "TOO" (costly, amateur, formal, informal, fake, etc). Some were incredibly pushy, which I dislike heartily--if you want me to even give you a second thought, don't step into my way as I'm wandering, don't criticize the other photographers (I'm not saying don't tell me what you do that they don't, or detail out how you work, but saying that you're better, or have a better product is egotistical to me).
Anyway, back to Erica. She's probably about our age, which I feel gives her an idea of what photography in 2012 looks like. I (and Jeremy) LOVED that she remembered his blog post about the last Expo we attended, which shows GREAT attention to detail. She sent a follow-up email right away and when I replied, we had a little conversation about Castle in the Clouds--a place she loves--because she'd read the site. When we showed up yesterday, we talked about how this site had given her a lot of feeling for who we are as people and a couple. I like that she took the time to review the site before meeting with us--it shows she cares, but not in a creepy way like a certain someone at a certain potential venue.
As happy as I've been that we've been meeting with super nice, it sucks because I just want to say yes to everyone. I'm no good at shopping around.
No comments:
Post a Comment