Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Making it Harder on Ourselves

Saturday, we went to visit D, which is a venue we had been thinking about for some time, but because it's slightly north of Boston, was a little lower on our to-see list. However, the single picture on their site made it too good to pass up, so it became the 3rd location we have looked at.

Holy bananas!! Honestly, we are highly unlikely to look at any other places and are actually wracking our brains trying to decide between D and H. D is amazing--the ceremony space is gorgeous and can double as extra space for the cocktail hour, the hall is big enough that we won't feel cramped, but I also don't see us getting swallowed up in some grand ballroom built for 400. There are a few other intriguing features that I'm not going to discuss until we've made a decision, but they just work so perfectly for who we are and who our guests will be.

I feel confident to say that Ellie prefers D and would book it tomorrow if I wasn't slightly hesitant. It's more expensive (although not by a whole lot), and I feel blasé about the hors d'oeuvres and dinner selection at D compared to H. And I prefer that the ceremony space is a lawn with trees instead of stone--unfortunately it seems to be set up weird and the pictures we've look at don't give a very good visual.

So we're in a small conundrum and are going to have to seriously sit down and decide...hell, it might come down to drawing a name out of a hat ☺We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment