Friday, February 4, 2011

Getting My Feet Wet

I didn't discuss this earlier, but I attended my first Wedding Expo a couple of weeks ago, hosted by The Original Wedding Expo by Chevaller Associates in Marlborough, MA. I was lucky enough to get a free ticket from Jeremy at 241South Studios, who is thinking about exhibiting at a future expo (you can see his review here).

It was fun. Most of the reception sites are outside of my search area--we don't want people who are coming from out of state to have to travel too far from the airport or major roadway. Because the Expo was in Central MA, many of the vendors were a little too far west to be a real contender. But I was able to find a possible vendor for Ellie's outfit, got to meet a LOT of photographers (it's what Jeremy does, we spent quite a bit of time at all of the photographer booths). I was a little put off by the number of vendors that were really aggressive, but I hear that's just what they do. I did find one vendor that works in silk flowers that looked very real, so that was a positive. It gave me an idea of what to expect when Ellie and I go to shows in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment